Remote | Full Time
Code. Build. Deploy. Release. Repeat.
Northflank is the fullstack cloud platform. Regain the initiative and ship smarter. Reduce stress, time and cost.
We are building the next generation hosting platform that enables developers to build and manage microservices, jobs, databases and everything else in between via a user interface, API and CLI. Our team strives to improve the developer experience right through operations, design and engineering. We have been a fully remote company since the start.
We are actively seeking passionate individuals who wish to make DevOps practises more accessible and lay the foundation for Infrastructure as Data - every resource is real-time, has state and is mutable.
You will manage our growing infrastructure, ensuring the platform is up and performing well, whilst closely collaborating with other engineers in planning, implementing and maintaining multi-cloud build and runtime infrastructure.
- Collaborating with Northflank engineers to build and maintain a next generation PaaS
- Developing internal tools to increase our operational effectiveness
- Automating and streamlining software testing, monitoring and deployment of the Northflank platform
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues in our development, staging and production environments
- Active participation in the end-to-end design process and work on your own initiatives to improve the platform
- Strong engineering background with 2+ years of professional experience in container orchestration
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other IT related subjects (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience with Kubernetes in production
- Experience with Envoy/Istio/Haproxy/Linkerd/Consul in production
- Experience with container build runtimes, such as Img, Buildkit and Kaniko
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure, data structures, storage systems, source control and other developer tools
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Golang, C#, Rust, TypeScript or similar
- Implementation of security best practices (RBAC, service accounts, IAM, Firewall, mTLS, Let's Encrypt)
- Experience creating and operating CI/CD/CD workflows
- Experience implementing multi-tenant PaaS
- Appreciation of Mesos, Rancher, Nomad and Helm
- Usage of K3s
- Usage of GitHub, Bitbucket and GitLab
- Passionate about serverless containers and edge computing
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates from all backgrounds and locations.
- Work remotely within a growing team
- Highly competitive salary & equity, depending on experience
- Flexible working hours upon agreement
- Company laptop of your choice for both work and personal usage
- Opportunity to contribute to other areas of the Northflank platform