Databases And Persistence /
Deploy Minio on Northflank
This guide explains how to quickly and easily deploy and use MinIO on Northflank.
|2022.3.17||MinIO is a High Performance Object Storage with an Amazon S3 cloud storage service compatible API. On some UNIX systems, the MinIO client ||Disk||Yes|
Choose addon from the create new menu in the top right corner of the dashboard
Select MinIO and enter a name
Choose a version or leave as default (most recent version)
Choose whether to deploy with TLS. This can be changed later.
Choose whether to make MinIO publicly accessible. This will give your addon a URL and make it available online. TLS must be enabled to select this.
If you have secret groups in your project, choose ones to link to the addon so that MinIO can be used in services and jobs that inherit variables from the secret group. To link MinIO to a secret group:
- Show secret groups and configure the secret groups you wish to use
- Select suggested secrets from MinIO to link, or select all
- Set any required aliases for specific secrets to make them accessible by that name within your application
Select the required resources for your MinIO deployment. You can scale MinIO after creation, but available storage and replicas cannot be decreased once increased.
- Create addon and MinIO will begin provisioning, this may take a few minutes.
You can manually copy the connection secrets for MinIO from the connection details page into environment variables or build arguments of your workloads on Northflank.
However, it is much easier to link your storage's connection details to a new or existing secret group.
The necessary secrets to connect your workload will vary depending on the application in your workload.
You can connect to your MinIO storage using the endpoint URL which takes the format
MINIO_CONNECT_COMMAND for command-line clients. On some UNIX systems, the MinIO client
mc may also be aliased to
You can supply connections details and secrets such as
accessKey to your workload if your application requires them.
|Internal port||External port||Protocol||URL prefix|
Automatically inherit MinIO connection details into your workload
- Create a new secret group of environment variables to connect in the running workload
- Show addons and configure your addon with either the
MINIO_ENDPOINTor select connection details and secrets
- Set the aliases required in your workload to access the secrets
- Enable apply secrets to specific services/jobs and select the workloads you want to access the database
- Create secret group
- Go to one of the workloads that inherits from the group and check the environment page, you should see the inherited variables from the secret group
The connection string or secrets will now be available in your workload under the configured aliases, and your application will be able to connect to MinIO using them.
To forward your MinIO storage for local access using the Northflank CLI, copy and execute the forward addon command from the local access section of the overview.
You can then use the
MINIO_CONNECT_COMMAND from the connection details page to access your MinIO deployment using the command-line client, or use the connection details in your local development environment.
To access your MinIO storage externally, ensure deploy with TLS and publicly accessible are enabled on the settings page under networking. The connection strings will be updated with the new configuration.