Getting Started /
Create a project
Projects allow you to group together different resources within Northflank.
Projects on Northflank contain services to build and deploy your code, databases, storage volumes, and secret groups which can create isolated networks with each other in the same project and can communicate without the need for public endpoints.
You can select the cloud hosting provider and the region for each of your projects, which determines where your services and data are hosted.
Each user is granted one free project on their account, with a limited number of services and resources available.
Projects are specific to geographic regions, which determine where resources will be provisioned.
To create a new project:
- Select project from the create new drop-down menu in the top right corner of the screen
- If you do not currently have a free project, choose whether to create an unrestricted project or a free project
- Enter a project name (optional: choose a colour to help identify different projects)
- Choose your project region, this will determine where your project is hosted
- Create your new project
- The provider cannot be changed after your project has been created.
- The region cannot be changed after your project has been created.
- A project cannot be transferred to other users or teams.
Once your project has been created, you can start building and running your code, managing workflows in pipelines, and more.
Code can be deployed to specific regions by selecting the region when creating a project. This allows jobs or services to be run closer to customers or a development team for better connectivity.
The region cannot be changed after the project is created.
Northflank currently supports the following regions:
|Europe - West||US - Central|
Code can be deployed to specific cloud hosting providers by selecting the provider when creating a project.
The provider cannot be changed after the project is created.
Northflank currently supports the following providers:
|Northflank||Northflank will manage the deployment of your services, automatically selecting the most efficient and available platform|
|Google Cloud Platform||Deploy your project services only on Google Cloud Platform|
|Amazon Web Services||Deploy your project services only on Amazon Web Services|
Build and deploy your code
Quickly and easily build and run code from a Git repository using a Dockerfile or buildpack.
Set up a pipeline
Manage your workflow and release your code in an intuitive pipeline.
Upgrade a project
Upgrade a free project with limited resources to an unrestricted project.
Add and verify domain
Add your domain name to your Northflank account and link it to a public port.