Migrate from Heroku
Northflank supports all your applications you've been deploying to Heroku, and migrating is straightforward and easy. You can use our automated import tool, or move your applications over manually.
Our pricing is straightforward and transparent, and you only pay for the resources you use.
Get started on Northflank
- Create an account
- If you're working with others, create a team and invite your colleagues
- Link an account from a supported Git service to Northflank to build from your repositories
If you have been using Heroku Git
If you want to migrate manually, just push your Heroku repositories to a Git service such as GitHub, GitLab, or Bitbucket.
Automatically import your Heroku applications and pipelines
To run an automated import, navigate to your account dashboard and select the Heroku import option from the settings page.
Link your Heroku account to view your applications and pipelines in the Northflank importer, and select the ones you want to import. Northflank will automatically select a project to import to, change this if you'd like the resource to be imported somewhere else. You can import to a free project, providing the free project's limits are not exceeded.
Most options will be automatically configured from your Heroku settings, however you should check each field before importing, and complete or update where required.
- Resource names: as there is not always a 1-to-1 relation between Northflank and Heroku resources, some names will be automatically generated for your new resources
- Buildpack stack: Northflank will detect and use your buildpack configuration for each of your applications as a custom buildpack stack. You should check this is done correctly under advanced build options, especially if you are using legacy or custom buildpack stacks.
- Branch: the main branch will be automatically selected if you're using Heroku Git, or if your repository only has one branch. If your application is built from a repository with multiple branches you must select one.
- Environment variables: your secrets, including those provided by linked Heroku addons, will be copied to build and deployment services directly, or into secret groups. Northflank handles build arguments and runtime variables separately. Check the guides below to learn more about specific migration scenarios.