View logs and metrics
Northflank provides access to logs and metrics from builds, running/terminated containers, addons, and job runs.
These logs and metrics allow you to analyse builds and running containers to ensure your code is performant and without errors.
You can view live logs as soon as a build or container is started.
Container logs can be viewed in:
- a combined or deployment service by selecting an entry from the containers list
- a storage or database addon by selecting an entry from the containers list
- a cron or manual job by selecting an entry from the list of containers for a job run
Build logs can be viewed in:
- a combined or build service by selecting an entry from the builds list
- a cron job by selecting by selecting an entry from the builds list
Viewing logs across all containers or builds in a service will show logs from:
- running and terminated containers deployed in a service
- CI tracking build progress across parallel builds
- parallel job runs triggered via cron schedule or API trigger
- database masters and replicas
- terminated or running containers (up to 30 days of retention)
- backups and restores
You can switch to view logs from another build or container in the same service from the dropdown menu.
You can also view logs across all containers or builds within the same service, job, or addon by selecting
All [containers/builds] from the same dropdown.
You can search log entries by text or regular expression, inclusive or exclusive of the search terms by toggling the options in the search bar.
Entering a query will highlight all matching entries in the logs, pressing the search button or return will display only the logs matching the query.
==find logs entries that match the entered query
!=hide log entries that match the entered query
ABCsearch as plain text
(.*)search using regex
environment variables with
ABC selected will return all log entries that contain environment variables
(.*) selected will return all log entries that don't contain
ABC selected will return all log entries containing a pattern that matches an IP address (e.g.
By default, logs are shown with live tailing. Live tailing provides a live feed of the latest 100 log entries, scrolling to the bottom of the logs will load the next 100 entries.
You can view logs from a specific time range using the dropdown menu, restring the displayed logs to previous hours or days, or a custom time range. Selecting a custom time range will pause live tailing.
You can view metrics for builds and running containers in the same place as logs, by toggling the view to metrics.
You can view metrics for:
- CPU and memory usage
- Network usage, showing ingress and egress in Mbps
- Request duration, which includes views for different percentiles
- Network requests, in operations per second
- Opened TCP connections per second
- Network 4XX and 5XX error responses
You can download the data in SVG, PNG, or CSV format from the menu in the top-right of the respective graph.
Metrics are collected and displayed on a 15-second scale.